How to Find Competitors Facebook Ads
I’m sure it’s not the first time you wondered how to find competitors Facebook ads. Well, until recently, there wasn’t an easy way, unless you had invested in Facebook spy tools. Luckily, there is no need for such third-party tools anymore to see your rivals’ Facebook ads.
Due to a steadily increasing number of companies spending a large junk of their marketing budget on Facebook advertising coupled with the need to know what your competition is up to, we decided to focus on showing you the easiest way on how to find competitors facebook ads.
According to Social Media News* latest stats from August 2018, Facebook had 15 million active Australian users. Naturally, due to the sheer pool of people spending time on the platform, advertising on Facebook has become very attractive for businesses. So the chance that your rivals run Facebook ads is very high.
How to Spy on Competitors Facebook Ads? 🕵
Follow these instructions (or watch below video)
- Go to the Facebook search bar and type your competitor’s name.
- Click on competitor’s Facebook page.
- If you’re on a desktop device: in the left-hand sidebar, click on “Info and Ads”. If you’re on a mobile phone: Click on the small circled (i) in the banner and then click on “Active Ads”
- Done, it’s as easy as that! You’re all set to spy on competitors Facebook ads.
▶ Video Instructions on How to Find Competitors Facebook Ads
Bonus Tip 💡 How to Find out Who your Competitors are Targeting with their Facebook Ads
Hint: This trick only works if you see your competitors Facebook ad in your newsfeed. To increase the chances of your competitors ad appearing on your newsfeed, simply visit their website and go on their Facebook page and click on a few posts. If they’re using remarketing and if you’re within their defined demographics and target area, there is a high likelihood you’ll see their ad in your newsfeed soon.
Once you see your competitors ad in your newsfeed, do the following (or watch the video below):
- Spot your competitor’s Facebook ad in your newsfeed (if post states “sponsored” you know it’s an ad).
- Click on the three dots in the top-right corner of the ad.
- Click on “Why am I seeing this?” from the dropdown menu.
- It’ll show you the age group and target area your competitors have defined in their ad targeting settings.
- Done, it’s as simple as that!
▶ Video Instructions on How to Find out Who your Competitors are Targeting
Comprehensive Competitor Analysis 📑
Knowing what your competition is up to is very important. Even more so if you are operating in a niche market where you and your rivals are fighting a fierce battle for more market share. If you would like to learn more about your competitors and would like a comprehensive analysis on your rivals website metrics, online marketing activities, digital strategy, please get in touch to discuss our comprehensive competitor analysis and strategic report offering.
Do you want to see more cool #SocialMediaMarketingTips? Check out our blog post on How to get more likes on Facebook page.
*Source for Social Media stats: Social Media News
Founder & Digital Strategist @ Museproject
Marc is an experienced and qualified digital marketing professional with a passion for Digital Strategy, SEO, SEM, Social Media Marketing, Inbound Marketing & Marketing Automation.